Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

June 9, 2011

News From Friends!

I know I'm posting a day late but life can get in the way sometimes. Whoops.

There are some exciting things brewing with multiple friends of mine so I wanted to give some shout outs & share the news! I definitely recommend checking the following people out because they are all very talented and continue to allow their passion for music lead them to new ventures ....

I have some dear friends from college that have recently released an album - MAKIN' READY. Even though they have been writing together for a few years now, this is the first time they've produced an album together. Both Matt & Jenny Behnke are talents on their own but I think coming together has put the icing on the cake. I enjoyed this album tremendously when I first had a listen a month or so ago. It's a good road trip cd that is totally fun to sing along. The lyrics are clever and thoughtful which allows the listener to identify with what they are talking about....I would describe the music as Americana/Bluegrass. It's unique in that it doesn't really fit into a specific genre. (like most great music these days)

Take a listen for yourself and find out more about The Behnkes on their website HERE! I might even have a free cd for ya, if you like the tunes & pass along the love to your friends. :)

I also wanted to mention another talented fella in music & beyond - Korby Lenker. He's been touring with Daphne Willis as well as crankin' out his own gigs which you should check out whenever you get a chance. The other cool project he started was launching his website WIGBY! As Korby describes it, "WIGBY is a monthly video blog, featuring pretty much the best artists around, playing and singing great songs with their great voices in an intimate setting."

The first artist for this month is COURTNEY JAYE performing her song "One Way Conversation". A fabulous song that you need to hear immediately! Please check out the website HERE! You can read the back story of the Wigby bird & watch the new video.  Also, please take a second and LIKE Wigby on Facebook as well.  This is a fantastic way to discover new artists or listen to some of your favorites.

Last but not least - I'm so proud of my friend, Angel Snow! She will be opening for Alison Krauss this August at THE RYMAN!! I can't imagine having the opportunity to open for Alison Krauss & Union Station much less to be doing it at The Ryman. What a rare and unforgettable experience that is going to be...She is currently working on her sophmore album which I can't wait to get my hands on. She is also having a lil summer tour so check out if she is coming to a city near you at her website HERE!

Ok, that's all I got for now as far as my friends go -- On a sad note - Our local college station, WRVU, officially went off the air on June 7th.  My nickname for Vandy radio was The "UM" Station (since most of the DJs were learning & tended to say Um a lot)  I will miss the eclectic music, the various DJs and quirky shows. I discovered a lot of good music from them that I don't think I would have found any other place. I think it will leave a little hole in 'Music City' as far as expanding our city beyond country.

Have a music filled rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks CLN for your generous review. I am enjoying your perspectives for sure. Love you friend. Cheers, MB

    ReplyDelete