Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

May 4, 2011

A Little Reminder

This post almost didn't happen. I've been extremely under the weather the past few days and wasn't sure if I was up for writing anything. Then by late yesterday afternoon, I finally felt like I was gonna make it so I decided to go get one of my favorite sickness -make me feel better- remedies, an immune builder smoothie from Smoothie King.

When I got in the car to go to Smoothie King, the song that was playing on the radio was You Keep Me Hangin' On by Diana Ross &The Supremes.  I haven't heard that song in a long time so it hit me with a couple of different thoughts.....

First, I thought about how appropriate those lyrics apply to certain times in my life.

     "Why don't you be a man about it
      And set me free
      Now you don't care a thing about me
      You're just using me
      Go on, get out, get out of my life
      And let me sleep at night
      'Cause you don't really love me
      You just keep me hangin' on....."

I mean to be fare, I'm sure some guys would say the same thing about me in that I was the one dragging them along or that I tried to have my cake and eat it too.  Still, we should all pay attention, learn from lessons past and respectfully let someone move on with his/her life. I admit, it's extremely difficult for me to put this into practice since I really don't like hurting anyone or making someone feel unloved.  Also maybe holding out hope and wanting to make things work keeps ya hanging on.  I'm glad I have a fun little ditty to remind me of the better way to go about these relationship situations. Yeah, let the music teach ya how to live. HA!

Sometimes it's shocking to me that somehow the lyrics of a song can sum up a situation much better than I could ever try to explain to someone. Maybe I should just start sending lyrics to explain myself when I need to let someone know what's going on?! Would people be ok with that?  I would dig it. Seriously, I would. It puts somewhat of a fun spin on it at least.

Second, I thought the song was appropriate with how I'm currently feeling about being ill. I'm ready for the sickness to set me free!!  I was so over it when the first symptom showed up. So, then I was inspired to write a post. Crazy how something that is not even five minutes of your day can change things. NICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment