Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

May 11, 2011

BANNED!

Before I talk about the topic of the day, I wanted to mention that I recently got the latest album from ELBOW (my lil obsession) - Build A Rocket Boys!. I was somewhat nervous about whether I would like it or not because to me it's rare for a band to have enjoyable consecutive albums. I shouldn't have doubted though because once again, they have created an album that is sticks with their style while at the same time expresses how they have evolved. The entire album has made my ears happy & I definitely recommend it!

Ok, so a while back I was talking with a friend and the question came up that if you had to pick a song or artist that you feel should never be played on the radio or in general again, you could live a happy life.

Yes, that is pretty harsh but at some point there are songs which in my opinion are done. I'm pretty tolerant of most music and will even suffer through listening to something I don't really care for sometimes. I do have times that I can't even handle the first few notes of the song. You know when you are flipping around the radio (for those of you who still listen to the radio) and a song comes on, and after a few seconds you recognize it then change it immediately. It can almost ruin your day if you hear even one minute of the song.

I asked around and came up with a list of my own as well as some suggestions that friends made....

SONGS THAT SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE:

My list

* They Paved Paradise & Put Up A Parking Lot (I never really liked this song to begin with but it's gotta go)
* Heard It Through The Grape Vine (I know it's a classic but even oldies need a rest-- although there is a cool cover of this song on the second season of East Bound & Down)
* I've Had The Time Of My Life  (actually many songs from Dirty Dancing could make this list)
* Aerosmith (Sorry to those who are big fans but I feel their time is up!)
* How You Remind Me by Nickleback (go to the bathroom already?!)
* Who Let The Dogs Out (duh)

* If I Could Turn Back Time by Cher (wish I could turn back time and erase this song)
* How Do You Talk To An Angel by Jamie Walters (his voice is just annoying)
* Cotton Eyed Joe (don't even get me started)
* Friday by Rebecca Black ( I was recently introduced to this horrific song by my friend Jamie. It scared me)
     If you haven't seen the video of FRIDAY, please watch is HERE  and I will go ahead and apologize for putting something so awful in your head. ;)  A redeeming video can be found  HERE of some reviews- pretty smart kids!

Friends list

* Brickhouse
* Any song from Greece
* Most Christmas songs
* Most Country songs
* Informer by Snow
* I'm A Girl, Not Yet A Woman by Britney Spears
* Hot, Hot, Hot by Buster Poindexter
* Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
* Everybody Have Fun Tonight by Wang Chung
* Macarena by Los Del Rios


I'm sure I could add many more to these lists so maybe we will have a second edition to this post in the future.
So do you have any songs you could stand to live without??

1 comment:

  1. If I never heard anything sung by Journey/Steve Perry again I would be just fine...classic rock radio has ruined that band for me....

    ReplyDelete