Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

April 6, 2011

Show Surprises -

Happy Wednesday folks! I hope all those in Nashville are outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

I wanted to mention that I went to see Jessica Lea Mayfield at Mercy Lounge a couple of weeks ago. I had only first listened to some of her music a day or two before the show. I liked what I heard so I was looking forward to hearing her live. Well, let me just tell you that getting to see her guitar player, Ritchie Kirkpatrick, was alone worth the price of admission...My friend Shelly said he was a local from Murfreesboro so I'm pretty sure he had some support/fans in the crowd. He put on a show all on his on - the moves & faces he was making were quite entertaining! It reminded me of something that would come out of Spinal Tap. He was a definite fun surprise to the show. Not only was he a fun addition to watch but he actually is a very good guitar player. I did enjoy Jessica as well - It was actually hard to believe that she wrote some of her songs and she is only 21yrs old. Always amazes me when young artists seem to have old souls.

So I encourage you to go hear some music that you may not have even heard of or know very well. You just never know what kind of surprises might pop up or what you might end up seeing! :)

Below are some links with more information about Jessica & Richie. You can also watch a video of them playing on The David Letterman Show but Kirkpatrick is a lot more tame than he was in Nashville.

JESSICA LEA MAYFIELD

RICHIE KIRKPATRICK

No comments:

Post a Comment