Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

April 20, 2011

Travelin' Tunes

Since I'm out of town this week, I'm going to keep it short n sweet for this weeks post.

As I've been traveling, I've thought about the many playlists that I've created over the years for road trips, flights and even a little sailing.  For me, some music is best when enjoyed while in route to an exciting destination. Especially on a road trip! Sometimes I can't wait to blair a new favorite artist or song as I'm driving along the highway. (even better when it's a beautiful sunny day) You know when you get into the groove and start singing (or shouting) along with the lyrics. It's a fabulous feeling like all is well in the world.

I didn't have much time before I left to create a compilation of tunes for my trip out West so I've been enjoying my Shower Door mix as well as continuing the song challenge on my ipod. (I'm currently in the middle of letter G) I will be updating on letter D next week hopefully.

As I sit here in the airport waiting on a flight, I get to enjoy the enchanting sounds of an older man playing piano & keyboard in the middle of the concourse. NICE! It kind of sounds like a mix between a game show theme song and something played on a Charlie Brown cartoon. Hmmmm, I wonder what it's like to play at an airport?!  It reminds me of an SNL skit where Bill Murray was in an airport lounge singing "Star Wars" - too funny!
Bill Murray SNL Character    You tube of song

Ok, gotta go now but hope everyone is having a great week! I think I'll tip the piano player a lil sumptin before I take off.....gotta support all the variations of music in the world. :)

1 comment:

  1. Frameless Shower Door has got amazing and new designs of shower doors for your bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete