Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

March 16, 2011

Tis The Season

Since Spring is just around the corner (official first day of Spring is this Sunday) - it makes me think about the Spring/Summer Concert Seasons.  Music lovers get excited about all the big tours coming in town...at least I do!

One of my favorite things to do is attend an outdoor concert or music festival of some sort - even if I have to travel to get there. Something about good weather & good music just makes me happy. The only issue is funding these music adventures. I've always intended to start a specific savings account for entertainment which the bulk would pretty much go to shows that I wanna see throughout the year.  Seriously need to make that happen....I'm also curious to know how much money I spend on music in a year.  (actually, i probably don't need to know that fact)

I started thinking about some of my favorite outdoor concerts from the past -

* Road trip to Colorado to see Trey Anastasio at Red Rocks. I really didn't know or listen to Trey's music but I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to see a show at Red Rocks. It was amazing! I felt like an undercover reporter because of the huge hippie scene. My friend let me borrow some of her clothes & accessories so I think I pulled it off pretty well. ;)

* Going to see the band LIVE at Starwood Amphitheatre and sneaking up to the front row just in time to hear the last couple of songs.

* Ani D Franco at River Stages when my friend & I snuck in wine by putting it in ziplock bags underneath our clothes. (come on, you know you've done it)

- just to name a few off the top of my head.

Well, I'm starting the "season" off right by attending Queens Of The Stone Age this FIRST DAY OF SPRING,  SUNDAY at the Ryman. It's not outdoors but I will certainly find one to enjoy the lovely weather soon.

What are some of ur favorite outdoor concerts from the past?  Are you looking forward to any shows coming up this season? Any recommendations?

---next week I will catch up on my ipod challenge with the letter C

2 comments:

  1. Rites of Spring is definitely on my list this year. Also looking forward to the Musician's Corner every Sat. in Centennial Park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concerts in Centennial park- we gotta have a big picnic sweat fest like we did last yr!

    ReplyDelete