Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

March 9, 2011

The Return Of Music Videos!

Ok, so this past Sunday I went to The Basement here in Nashville to see Angel Snow & Peter Bradly Adams perform. It was a fantastic show and the place was packed! Even though I'm a friend of Angels, I wouldn't go to her shows multiple times and talk about her music if I didn't truly love it. It really speaks to me every time I hear it.

I realized on Sunday that her lyrics mean something different to me every time I listen. I can apply them to something I just recently experienced as well as things from my past. This particular show sounded even better to me which I think was because she had a full band with a few new twists to the songs. It filled the entire room and that is something I love about going to a live performance. I'm all about really feeling the music. (yes that sounds cheesy but it's true)


All that to say as I was listening to a particular song - Coals & Water - I closed my eyes for a minute (I was standing in the back w/ limited view anyway) and I started visualizing a video in my head to go along with the lyrics. I haven't done that in forever!! I use to listen to songs all the time and picture what I would do if I had to make a video out of it. I remember most of the videos involved me riding in a car at some point, staring out the window as it rained - nice, eh?! Actually most videos probably use that type of scene all the time.....


Anyway, I'm glad that I ended up doing it again that evening because it's quite fun. I hope to continue this random, creative way of enjoying music at times since it's kind of another way to dream. ;)


Has anyone else ever done that?? Do you remember the song or what it involved?


Oh yeah- in the Coals & Water video, I was walking away (i most likely across some coals) then suddenly looked back with tears in my eyes. NICE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment