Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

March 23, 2011

Brought to you by the letter C

Before I get to my ipod songs in the group of C, I wanted to let those of you who care that Queens Of The Stone Age was a fantastic show! I recommend going to see them if you get a chance in the near future.  As I noted to my friend Shelly, it felt like a boys sweaty locker room - lots of testosterone ladies so possibilities of meeting a man are high, if single. ;)

Ok, now to the letter C songs:
It started out pretty good but then got funky towards the middle. The songs didn't flow as well as they had with B....but it kept things interesting.  It may have been the couple of Christmas songs that snuck in that threw me off. I'm already on letter F at this point and I can tell that my C songs are not gonna be the best letter after all is said & done.  (This seems so nutty to be talking about by the way but oh well)

Here are the stats & random findings:

Total C songs = 249

Come:  the word included in the most titles at 13 songs
Can't, Change & Cold:  2nd most included in titles at 7 each

Some of my favorite songs from C have City in the name:
Milosh - The City
The Go Find - City Dreamer
U2 - City of Blinding Lights
Yes - City of Love
The Weepies - Citywide Rodeo
(maybe that's why I like livin in the citaaay, ha!)

Hidden Gems that had slipped my mind:
Jellyfish - Calling Sarah
Ingrid Michaelson - Cover of Can't Help Falling In Love
Cat Stevens - Can't Keep It In
Enya - Caribbean Blue
Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me Ohio
Laura Veirs - Cast A Hook
LIVE - Century
Candlebox - Change
Radiohead - Climbing Up The Walls

Most Entertaining & made me laugh a lil:
Little River Band - Cool Change
Poco - Crazy Love

Shortest song in C:
Outkast - Cruisin In The ATL ( 19 seconds)

If you don't recognize some of these songs or artists, I encourage you to take a listen & see what ya think.....have a good one folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment