Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

February 2, 2011

CONCERT WISH LIST

Well, for a while now I've been wanting to write or 'blog' about music but never got around to actually doing it.  Many people I know have some kind of blog/twitter/website/come check out what my life is like- type of connection with the world so I thought I would give it a shot.  I have multiple reasons for starting this but mostly, I would love this to be another way to discover new music & find out what people are listening to & why.  Also I'm happy to give free plugs, reviews, shout outs, etc for friends that are trying to make a name in the music biz. (or any other kind of career) 

SO that being said - please give feedback, discussions and comments on the music you dig, discover or 'dirty dance' to.....

To begin:  I was thinking about a conversation I had with a couple of friends a while back-- A friend asked, "Who would you want to see in concert living or dead?" (or something close to that)  Of course, i rattled off the first few artists/bands that I could think of off the top of my head but quickly after I said the names, i realized that I would need to revise that list.



A week or so later, I went back and listened to the music I most love-- Following is the revised list for artists (living or dead) I would want to see in concert that I have not previously seen:

TOP 10 CONCERT WISHES:
(random order)

1. U2     (which i will be able to check off the list on July 2nd!)

2. Journey      (I would have to take my sis-n-law, Virginia, on this one)

3. Radiohead!!

4. Pink Floyd

5. Elbow

6. Bob Marley

7. Peter Gabriel

8. Michael Jackson

9. Nirvana

10. Beyonce

It's not a question that I can easily answer off the top of my head. I would of course be able to add many to this list & probably change it up depending on my mood. These just happen to be some artists that I think would be amazing to experience in person.

Now, what artist/band -living or dead -  would u love to see in concert?? 

Stay tuned for a NEW album review, projects and recent shows I've seen......

CHEERS~
Cristy

6 comments:

  1. 1. Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Ryman

    have to go to sleep, 2-10 tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having this same discussion with you probably over 10 years ago, and Peter Gabriel was on your list back then as well as Live. We must see Peter together someday, and where are you seeing U2? So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Roger!

    Heather - u are so right and I got to see Live with Jenny B. at Starwood back in the day which was a blast!! U2 will be at Vanderbilt Stadium July 2. Very excited about that one....I'm down for Peter, let's go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashby and I will be at U2 as well. Generational rite of passage as far as I'm concerned.

    My big outstanding one is Bruce Springsteen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elvis Presley.
    Morphine (still one of my fave bands ever, RIP Sandman)
    Miles Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My list goes as follow:

    1. Rick James
    2. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
    3. Luther Vandross
    4. Gladys Knight
    5. O Jays

    All old school where the songs had meaning and made you feel good. Some of this new $hit is for the birds. Everyone is just trying to make money and the object of putting out music that can stand the test of time is lost.

    ReplyDelete